Welcome!

Have you ever:
Wished your iTunes would be more full than it is?
Been embarrassed by having too much (or any) Bruno Mars?
Wanted to sound like a snobby hipster by talking about bands that no one knows?
Wanted to feel something from listening to music?

If you answered yes to any of those questions. This blog is for you!

Saturday, December 24, 2011

Top Songs 2011 (11-20)

20. The Lion's Roar - First Aid Kit
Swedish Duo, First Aid Kit, went on tour this fall with Lykke Li. This pretty song about lost love could have over shadow Lykke Li or remind the audience of Fleet Foxes.



19. It's Real - Real Estate

I love the guitar lines and the melody that sound like a calm summery pop song.








18. Don't Move - Phantogram

A great bright catchy electro-pop song. Mixes horns and keyboards in a unique way. Giving Mouthful of Diamonds a run for their best song.




17. BTSTU - Jai Paul

I love how this song starts "Don't fuck with me/ don't fuck with me" and then goes into these dark syths. Also, would you think the guy in the picture would be singing this song?




16. You Know What I Mean - Cults

Cults complain about how messed up there minds are and I love listening to lead singer Madeline Follin build up angst until the end when she belts out in vain "You Know What I Mean!"




15. Belong - The Pains of Being Pure at Heart
An anthem for anyone who struggles with feeling part of the group. Belong rocks hard and shows how it's totally okay to not belong.





14. Heartbeat - Childish Gambino
Childish has the most creative lyrics of the year from his references to Community, to "you know that I'm the best when I'm a-fake-tionate", and his Bernie Madoff reference "I give you money, then you burn me, like you made off."



13. The Wilhelm Scream - James Blake
One of my favorite artists of the year. James Blake knows how to use silence and very few instruments to make beautiful music.




12. Dirt - WU LYF

My favorite song from the album Go Tell Fire To The Mountain. WU LYF initially may just sound like a gang screaming into the mic, but I love how the vocals juxtapose the guitar and the organ.




11. Will Do - TV On The Radio
Another classic TVOTR song. Starting with a dreamy piano then including a hip hop beat. This is a great mellow rock song.



No comments:

Post a Comment