Welcome!

Have you ever:
Wished your iTunes would be more full than it is?
Been embarrassed by having too much (or any) Bruno Mars?
Wanted to sound like a snobby hipster by talking about bands that no one knows?
Wanted to feel something from listening to music?

If you answered yes to any of those questions. This blog is for you!

Saturday, June 22, 2013

June 2013

No need for an introduction. These are all fantastic songs. There are a few band's I've posted about before, but the band I'm most excited about from this playlist is NONONO. They're going to be fun to watch.

Red - Pop
Blue - Electronic
Green - Alternative
Yellow - Hip hop
Pink - R&B

 1. Pumping Blood - NONONO
NONONO is another fantastic Swedish indie-pop band. This trio has made some of the catchiest songs I've heard so far this year. Watch out for their album, it should drop this summer.



2. Bleeding For Your Love - Suvi
As if I hadn't posted about enough Swedes: add Suvi to the list. "Bleeding For Your Love" is the third song she has released and by far the most popular. I love how dramatically she uses the bass in this catchy track.



3. Julian - Say Lou Lou
 Why stop now, here's another Swede! You may remember Say Lou Lou from my last post where I reviewed their other great track "Fool of Me". The duo defines their sound as Dream Pop. The duo sounds a lot like Bat for Lashes and Chromatics.



4.  Warm In The Winter - Glass Candy
Speaking of Chromatics, Glass Candy is part of Johnny Jewel's Italians Do It Better label. The song is on a new compilation album After Dark 2.  You can absolutely here his influence in this song. I love this track. It may be a bit longer, but the line "You came down to this place to fill up the dark corners with your everlasting light, and that's why, I love you" makes it all worth while.



5. Down Under - NONONO
Down Under is the second song released by NONONO. It's a bit slower and serious than "Pumping Blood" but I'm glad the band isn't just sticking to a formula.



6. White Lies - Max Frost
The next two songs should be listened back to back. The first is about a paranoid boyfriend who thinks his girlfriend is cheating on him. I love how I really don't know how to define this song. It's an indie rock song, but he talks so fast and rhythmically  it sounds like a rap.



7. Nice and Slow - Max Frost
As in the title, Max Frost moves away from White Lies and slows down his tempo. This track is also about dating girls although here he's much less committed.






8. Perfectly - Ryan Hemsworth
Ryan Hemsworth is becoming one of my new favorite artists. I love how much the song can feel so full without having many words.



9. Fantasy - MS MR
 This is the first single from their new album Secondhand Rapture.

No comments:

Post a Comment