Welcome!

Have you ever:
Wished your iTunes would be more full than it is?
Been embarrassed by having too much (or any) Bruno Mars?
Wanted to sound like a snobby hipster by talking about bands that no one knows?
Wanted to feel something from listening to music?

If you answered yes to any of those questions. This blog is for you!

Monday, December 31, 2012

Top Songs 2012: 41-50


Red - Pop
Blue - Electronic
Green - Alternative
Orange - Hip hop
Pink
- R&B


41. Sweater Weather - The Neighborhood
I love this local LA band. They sound like the future of alt-pop.




42. Gone Tomorrow - Lambchop
One of the sweetest songs of the year. Absolutely worth listening to all 7 minutes.




43. Simple Song - The Shins
I wasn't too thrilled with the album as a whole, but after 5 years of waiting The Shins produced a wonderful arena filling alt-pop song.




44. Ridin (feat. Lana del Rey) - A$AP Rocky
This song is a great combination of the last two years. Lana ruled in 2011 and A$AP came to power in 2012. Also, Lana rapping?




45. Werkin' Girls - Angel Haze
One of the most impressive raps I heard all year. Dare I say I like her more than Azealia Banks?




46. Paper Forest (In The Afterglow of Rapture) - Emmy The Great
I love Emma's voice. A wonderful breakup song.




47. Ancient Mars - The Zolas
One of my favorite alternative songs of the year. The Zolas sound like the Shins or Rilo Kiley did back in 2007.




48. Fitzpleasure - Alt-J
This album was one of the most popular alt-rock albums on iTunes. I love its combination of grunge and alt rock.




49. At Home - Crystal Fighters
This song is super catchy. Also, Passion Pit made a pretty sweet remix of it.




50. Backlines - Stars
I'm glad this song just made the cut. I love Stars' sound. Very alt-poppy.

No comments:

Post a Comment