Welcome!

Have you ever:
Wished your iTunes would be more full than it is?
Been embarrassed by having too much (or any) Bruno Mars?
Wanted to sound like a snobby hipster by talking about bands that no one knows?
Wanted to feel something from listening to music?

If you answered yes to any of those questions. This blog is for you!

Tuesday, April 2, 2013

April 2013

I hope everyone had a great spring break. I know I did. Let's get to it. I started off with this smooth R&B hit with Shlohmo (great name) making the beats for Jeremih's falsetto voice. I like The Colourists poppy alt/rock sound especially in anticipation for the summer. Last year Adrian Lux came out with "Teenage Crime" which I loved and "Damaged" is his first big song since then and he killed it. I can't wait to see him at Coachella. Ryan Hemsworth is a guy I should have gotten into a lot sooner. He's mostly a producer, but he lays down a few beats and when he does they're great. Also in anticipation for the summer, Young Galaxy came out with a new song called "New Summer". It's so soon! Chicago native, Chance the Rapper's mixtape Acid Rain comes out soon and his first track has already surfaced: I can't wait to hear the rest. This might not be new, but I just heard a Hood Internet mashup of "Belispeak" and "Pyramids". They couldn't have picked two better songs. Also at Coachella, Phoenix came out with their first single from their up coming album Bankrupt!. If it's all like Entertainment, they're gonna have an amazing show. Wavves and Smith Westerns have albums coming out soon and these tracks were some of their first to surface. Finally, I don't know why it took me so long, but I finally listened to all of Miguel's Kaleidoscope Dreams: unbelievable album. I put my two favorite tracks below not including "Adorn". Enjoy!


Red - Pop
Blue - Electronic
Green - Alternative
Yellow - Hip hop
Pink - R&B


1. Bo Peep (Do U Right) [feat. Jeremih] - Shlohmo



2. Little Games - The Colourists



3. Damaged - Adrian Lux



4. Proto - Ryan Hemsworth



5. Young - Air Review



6. New Summer - Young Galaxy



7. Acid Rain - Chance the Rapper



8. Another Day - Carousel



9. Pyramidspeak (Purity Ring vs Frank Ocean) - The Hood Internet



10. Entertainment - Phoenix



11. Demon To Lean On - Wavves



12. Lies - Fyfe



13. Oblivion (feat. Susanne Sundfør) - M83



14. Varsity - Smith Westerns



15. Red - Phoria



16. Use Me - Miguel



17. Kaleidoscope Dreams

No comments:

Post a Comment